It’s that time again! Back to college football, the mascots, the fight songs, the Cinderlla stories (too bad Appalacian State couldn’t make it two years in a row), the upsets, the painted faces, the tailgate parties. It’s a great time of year for football fans around the nation!
So how did this year’s first weekend of college football start out? Quick recap of the biggies..
(1) Georgia 45 – Georgia Souther 21 (no surprises there)
(2) Ohio St. 43 – Youngstown St. 0 (embarrassing that Ohio St. plays Youngstown at all)
(3) USC 52 – Virginia 7 (Go Trojans! – I’m a biased Southern California native, what can I say!!)
(4) Oklahoma 57 – Chattanooga 2 (Isn’t that kind of weird to put on your resume? B.A. from Chattanooga?)
(5) Florida 56 – Hawaii 10 (that’s a long way for the Rainbows to travel to get stomped)
(6) Missouri 52 – Illinois 41 (too close for comfort)
(7) LSU 41 – Appalacian St. 13 (no Cinderella sequel)
(8) West Virginia 48 – Villanova 21 (nice game by WV QB White – 5 TDs today…settin’ some records early)
(10) Auburn 34 – Louisiana-Monroe 0 (snoozefest)
There you have it folks, the first week of football wrapped up in a nice little bow for your reading enjoyment! Two weeks til the BIG GAME – Ohio St. v. USC! Email The Block FM and tell us your predictions….email@example.com!