It’s that time of year again! ESPN’s NFL Power Rankings have come out. Everyone is gearing up for another incredible football season. So now it’s time for predictions.
1. The SD Chargers will win the Superbowl. They have the most depth, the best talent, and the least amount of problems in the clubhouse of all the teams in the league. They also have a cake-walk conference in the AFC West. This is their season and I feel really strongly about the Bolts. As I was making my way through the tent at the ESPY’s after-party, I caught Shawn Merriman chattin’ it up with some other studs, and I just got this feeling…this feeling like I was looking at a future champ.
2. New England and Indianapolis will disappoint. I’m not saying they will have losing seasons or they won’t make the playoffs. But c’mon people, they’re getting old, worn out, beat up. They’re just not going to be able to keep pace with all the young, strong, fast talent. Sorry Boston and Indi. And thanks for the memories.
3. The Cowboys won’t win a playoff game this year…again. It’s been 12 years, and it might as well be 12 more because Tony Romo is overrated and doesn’t have what it takes to lead his team to a postseason victory.
4. Favre will play. The Packers are being stupid. They have a Hall of Fame QB like Favre who has played in 275 consecutive games, given all his energy, loyalty, and love to the game, and put Green Bay on the map (and almost took them to the SuperBowl last year). And yet they’re whining about the “psyche” of Aaron Rogers??? Somehow I think Aaron will survive if Favre comes back. The NFL is about WINNING. The only questions the back office of the Green Bay Packers needs to be asking itself is “who is going to win us more games and take us the distance?” And there is only one answer to that question: Brett Favre. Cut him slack. He’s EARNED it. Yeah, he flip flops….so do most guys who have been wearing cleats since they were five and are facing the end of a lifetime of work. Football is Favre’s life, and what a life it’s been! If he wants to play, clear the lane and get his uniform hangin’ in the locker room. End of story.
5. The ProBowl will be in Hawaii. No seriously. Mark my words. You think I’m kidding? Ok, fine, doubt me, but I’m telling you…read my lips, H-A-W-A-I-I. hehehehe.
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALLL!??!?!?
-Posted by Cassie